Horse Riding Lessons
River Lane Ranch offers lessons for all ages and experience levels, and in many different disciplines.
- Barrel Racing & Pole Bending
- Team Roping
- Trail & Obstacles
- Summer Day Camps
The lessons at River Lane Ranch are more than just riding lessons. You’ll make lifelong friends, have a ton of fun and join a community of like-minded people. Our ranch specializes in teaching riders safety, overcome fear, confidence, responsibility, respect, and compassion for horses. All of our instructors are skilled horsemen & women.
Instructors and Teaching Assistants are required to have current first aid including CPR training. If you have any questions regarding the lesson program, please contact us at email@example.com
One Hour. Private lessons are available to students of any age, experience level or discipline. For our beginner students, the beginning & end portions of the lesson will be focused on grooming, safe handling, and saddling/unsaddling. Students must have their own licensed riding helmet, and a boot with a heel.
Cost = $55.00 per lesson
or buy a package of 10 for $495.00 (Get 1 lesson free!)
One Hour. Students in group lessons with be all of a similar experience level, and working on the same discipline. For our beginner groups, the beginning & end portions of the lesson will be focused on grooming, safe handling, and saddling/unsaddling. Students must have their own licensed riding helmet, and a boot with a heel.
Cost = $40.00 per lesson
or buy a package of 10 for $360.00 (Get 1 lesson free!)
Riders can seamlessly move from one level to the next based on his or her development as a rider. Every rider progresses at a different rate, and there is no pressure to move forward unless you’re ready. Lessons should be scheduled 1 week in advance, and 24 hours notice is required to cancel lessons. No shows will be billed for the lesson missed.
During the summer months, RLR offers 2 types children’s horse camps. These are all day camps.
This 2 day camp is geared towards children between the ages of 9-14 yrs who have little or no experience with horses and riding and is a full each day for students with riding lessons, horsemanship, crafts, games and summer fun with new friends! Lunch is included each day.
Cost = $200.00 per student
This 2 day camps are geared towards children between the ages of 4-6 yrs (morning program) and 7-9 yrs (afternoon program). The emphasis is on fun, safety, and active participation on-horse and off.
Cost = $100.00 per student
Additional Lesson Information:
- Between 2 – 5 riders per group lesson
- Private lessons are one on one with the instructor
- River Lane Ranch instructor will assign horse to rider. No exceptions (Unless student is bringing their own horse)
- Children under the age of 12 yrs. old must be escorted to and from the arena
- Family members are encouraged to watch the lesson, but we do ask for parents to be quiet during the lesson. Let the teacher do her job and the kids have fun!
- Safety approved equine riding helmet
- Hard soled boots with sufficient heel to restrict the foot from passing through stirrup
- Long, well-fitted pants (stretch if possible)
- No shorts or sandals
- Gloves are required in the winter months
- Rubber boots are not recommended for winter months, but great for the spring at the ranch.
Missed Classes, Cancellations & Refunds
- All classes are subject to change due to registration numbers and instructor availability
- You must cancel your lesson within 24hr full notice.
- Several cancellations will result in no future rescheduling
- Lessons must be paid for the day of the lesson or package cards can be purchased and are punched during the lesson.
Haul In & Ride
Are you interested in hauling in and using the amenities at River Lane Ranch? Two outdoor Arena’s, Indoor Arena, Round Pen, Trail Course, Wash Racks, Theraplate and much more!
Haul In Rates:
$20/2 Horses – $10 for each additional horse
$200/Month – Unlimited haul ins for up to two horses.
Please send us a message prior to hauling in to ensure the arena is not already booked.
Meet Our Instructors!
Ashley Rose is our Barn Manager here at River Lane Ranch and takes in outside training horses through her business, Rafter RR Performance Horses.
While Ashley does teach some of our beginner classes, she focuses on our more experienced clients in classes such as, Groundwork, English, Western, Dressage, Barrel Racing/Pole Bending, Jumping, Trail/Obstacles and more!
Great classes whether you are interested in high level of competition, or just fine tuning your horsemanship skills.
Tiffany Hawkins specializes in teaching children, beginner riders and those who struggle with a fear of horses or a fear of riding.
Her lesson programs are designed take you step by step through the journey to becoming a safe, confident and knowledgeable rider. Tiffany’s patience and understanding of those who she teaches plays a big roll in how she impacts her students.
Sign Up For Lessons Here!
River Lane Ranch Important Rules & Things to Know
- All riders, students, haul in’s etc. MUST sign a new waiver every year. See barn office for a waiver.
- Lessons are booked by appointment via email or phone. Once booked into a lesson you must give 24hrs notice. (We do take into account extenuating circumstances. Please discuss with instructor)
- Lesson packages can be shared amongst family members and friends but must be used for the specific instructor they were purchased for.
- Private lessons mean no other students will be taught by your riding coach at that time. There may, however, be other riders in the arena.
- Please remember to clean up after yourself in the arena and outside at all times. Items found on that ranch that were left behind will only remain in the lost and found for 7 days.
- No smoking in the barns or arenas. We do have designated smoking areas outside please use the butt out cans provided.
- No haul in riders or lessons before 8:30 am or after 10 pm.
- DO not shed out horses in the arenas. Please be sure to clean up manure, hair etc off the rails.
- Pick up manure immediately in all arenas after use.
- RLR does have working dogs on the property. We ask that you do not bring your dogs/pets to the ranch unless otherwise permitted.
- Healing with Horse sessions are private and if the indoor or outdoor arena is being used there will be a sign posted letting you know what time you may enter the space.
- The homes on the ranch are private. We do ask that you remain on the west side of the outdoor arena. Trail rides may only be taken with instructors.
- DO NOT feed any horses treats or feed without permission from staff. (We do not feed the horses treats from our hands.)